Amy, over at Sober Rants in Skinny Pants (great name for a blog BTW), nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!!! (Technically she nominated my old blog but I'm hoping she comes over to this one and sticks around as well.) I'm so honored and pleased I can't even tell you!
Okay, maybe I can tell you. I'm honored because...well...who wouldn't be right? But I'm more pleased because I'd never "met" Amy before and now she's on my blogroll. Her blog is fabulous and choc full of cool stuff so mosey on over if you get a chance and check it out.
Thanks AMY!!! You rock.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award comes with the following rules:
- Display logo on blog.
- Link back to the person you have so inspired.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link back to them.
- Perform 1 random act of kindness and include it in your post.
Number one is done (see above). Check.
Number two is done. (see above). Check.
Number three. Hmmm...what to tell you that you don't already know?
1. I'm half Italian and half Irish. I look and act more Irish but I'll claim either depending on who's in the room. Just call it fair weather heritage.
2. I have always wanted to be a high school English Literature teacher.
3. I have also always wanted to write a book. I used to want to write a novel but in college I took a creative writing course and realized I had no imagination...I'll have to settle for non-fiction.
4. My favorite food on the planet is pizza.
5. I miss the Chesapeake Bay something fierce...but not enough to move back to that area. It's just too congested for me.
6. I would love to one day have a labrador retriever but I probably won't because you seldom see them in shelters and I only adopt from shelters.
7. I have tried but I am just not a cat person.
That was the hard part...here comes the easy part. These are fifteen of the most inspiring bloggers I "know". They have kept me sane and gotten me through some tough times. They make me laugh and make me cry and they just all around ROCK. If you haven't read them - do yourself a favor and click on the links. I promise you won't be sorry.
If you didn't make the cut please don't take it personally...they only let me name 15!
As for a random act of kindness, I do them all the time. It's part of who I am. So instead of performing one for the sake of this blog, I'll tell you about one of my most favorite of all time. Christmas 2012. I was checking out at Nordstrom and the guy waiting on me was trying to sell me some stainless steel collar stays for men's shirts. (They're the things that men put in their collars to keep them crisp and pointing in the right direction.) He was telling me how much he loved them until his wife ruined them by doing something or other to them (that part I can't remember). He was still angry with her about it. So I bought them and then handed them back to him and said "Merry Christmas. Forgive your wife. Life's too short." and walked away. The look on his face was my Christmas present.
I am a blessed and grateful blogger today.